This past Saturday, Firefox 18.104.22.168 was made available for download on BeBits. In addition to bringing the BeOS release up-to-date with the latest official release, the new build also includes a number of BeOS-specific changes. From the release details:
- Faster library loading thanks to building with -bsymbolic (bug 389953)
- Faster icon loading in download manager (bug 327296)
- Pseudo-bold font emulation for typefaces lacking boldface (172785)
- Working shutdown from Deskbar or when shutting down system (bug 164498)
- New resource file eliminates MIME-types for mail and news since Firefox does not handle these (bug 397204). This one did not actually make it into 22.214.171.124 but was added as a patch. It will be in a later branch release.
It’s especially nice to see that the shutdown bug – a long-standing issue – is now resolved.
|Category: News - Comments RSS - Post a Comment - Trackback|
|« Back in BeOS||“There’s Haiku Logos Everywhere, Man!” »|